First Data Corporation
330 Opportunity Drive
Corpus Christi, Texas 78405
First Data’s Corpus Christi call center opened in 1995. The center currently employs 1,000+ associates providing in-bound call center services for the some of the most prestigious financial services companies in the world. The center also provides customer service for many of First Data’s business units. The center prides itself on top-notch service, delivered by long tenured associates with very high morale. First Data honors the commitments of its employees by offering a wide range of benefits.
At First Data Corporation (NYSE:FDC), we make buying and selling easier. It is that simple. Many of you do business with First Data everyday, although you may not realize it. Whether you’re writing a check at the gas station, using your ATM/debit card to pay for groceries, buying a book online, getting cash out of an ATM, paying for dinner with your credit card or using a gift card to purchase something special, chances are your transaction is moved quickly and securely by First Data.
What do we do?
We facilitate merchants’ ability to accept credit, debit and loyalty card.
We provide point-of-sale (POS) devices to make transactions happen.
We process credit and debit cards for financial institutions and other issuers of cards.
We operate the STAR® Network, a coast-to-coast debit/ATM network and an expert in secure, real-time electronic transactions.
We secure consumer transactions at the point-of-sale — at a location, over the Internet or at an ATM.
We verify and guarantee checks presented to merchants for payment will be collectible.
First Data has facilities in communities across the United States and around the world. Locally in Corpus Christi, First Data occupies a 55,000 square foot facility operating on a 24 x 7 x 365 basis. The Corpus Christi call center is the largest within the network of call centers throughout the world.
First Data has received the following awards and recognition:
- First Data was ranked #331 on the Fortune 500 list and was listed as the fifth largest company in Colorado by revenues. Also on the Fortune 500 list, First Data was ranked first for the Financial Data Services industry.
- First Data was ranked eighth on Fortune magazine's "America's Most Admired Companies" list for the Financial Data Services industry.
- Global Finance ranked First Data as the "Best Electronic Commerce Provider" in its annual Best Treasury and Cash Management Banks and Providers awards.
- The Corpus Christi center has received a number of awards from its clients for offering best in class customer service.
- The Corpus Christi center was very proud to be ranked among the Top 3 Best Places to work in the Coastal Bend for 2006. We are especially gratified that our employees selected us for this position.
Community involvement is strongly encouraged at First Data. Each employee is given paid time each year to volunteer to a cause that is important to them. We support a number of organizations in the Coastal Bend with significant donations of money and time. These include, the United Way, Habitat for Humanity, Chamber of Commerce, Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Corpus Christi Regional Economic Development Corporation and many others.